Thread: Wdyt?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
stella27

Wdyt?

Could y'all comment on this interaction please?
AXH and I exchange children at a location about 90 miles from each of us for weekend visitation.

Children didn't pack, were late getting to me so that I could get them to him.

I hate to blame young children, but I thought that as their father, he might want to address the issues with them. I was also nearly in tears because my children had terrorized their babysitter, and if she quits, I am screwed.

At what point could I have avoided being the target of this diatribe?

After I dropped them off, I started getting nasty text messages from AXH:

AXH: Why were you late today

ME: Because children didn't pack in time and then misbehaved on the drive.

AXH: Why is that my issue?

ME: I asked (child) to send you a text telling you it would be 5:30

AXH: Why is that my issue? Neither justifies being 17 minutes late. You are showing me disrespect and certainly a lack of courtesy when you fail to appear at the agreed time. And thanks for the apology, by the way.

AXH: Of course he did. But I was already down here.

So you just wasted my time And you seem to sit there somehow feeling justified.

It's really unacceptable for you to be late for any reason ESPECIALLY if I've already left town.

How is it you expect me to hop to it anytime you want something and then you treat me this way, I just don't get it. Incredibly rude.

I guess I should have learned already not to expect much out of you. Just make sure you get there on time in the future. I don't want to hear any more excuses, which really just mask the fact that you fail to plan and prepare.

ME: It is your issue because they are your children as well as mine. They did not pack after school in order to leave in a timely manner.

Then they acted up to the extent that their sitter had to pull off the road because they would not behave, and her and their safety was at issue.

You might want to talk to them about how frustrating it is to sit and wait. Their bad behavior is why they were delayed.

AXH: Again, all just excuses. The kids told me that (babysitter) talked to them for two minutes. That's it.

The other 15 YOU wasted. YOU should have packed for them in advance. . YOU should have made sure they packed in advance. It is YOUR responsibility to be on time, and YOU need to do what it takes to make that happen.

Please be punctual in the future. Each time you don't, I will assume that you intend to show me disrespect, now that I have brought this to your attention. And I will respond in kind.