View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 11:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
swesti

Unhappy 5 1/2 moths later

Hi everyone

What a lonely road this has been! I wish I had continued with the support from this site. Anyway the good news is that I haven't touched a drink since the awful "event". I am now on thyroid medication and an anti-depressant, and seeing a therapist on and off. The benefits have been that I have lost 10 kilos and am feeling better about myself, slowly gaining back my children's respect. My husband says he respects what I've done, but the relationship is very damaged and I'm not sure how we mend it. Every day is a new day and we keep trying. The difficulty is that he drinks more now than he ever did -it's a case of I don't have to change my lifestyle because you have a problem. I really don't mind him drinking and all the alcohol is in the house, but whilst we're trying i find it difficult if its just the two of us out and he drinks 2 plus bottles of wine, it just feels disrespectful. I don't crave alcohol at all and there has only been one occasion when we were with a group of friends that I thought gee it would be nice to join them for a glass of bubbly. Anyway I'm on the right path, even if its a very lonely one! But I suppose it's what I deserve really.