View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bunkie65

Amen kind eyes! That is a good no a really good, fantastic compairson! It was not and is not always easy to know just what to do but allowing the peace I get inside be my guide! I know when the balance is off my peace is gone. When I m seeking my will or trying to cage my addict I don't have peace. Loving unconditional is work and it sure does not mean ever allowing someone to use me, abuse me my children or comprising my values or sacrifices of taking care of me. And more often than not the addict does not like it. OH WELL! Not that I don't care but if a big bird flaps his wings I don't get close I back up. I protect myself because I just don't know which way he will fly and dontnwant to be hit or hurt or hurt the bird! So distancing myself when I don't feel safe threatned or fearful or uncertain is a way to protect myself and the flapping bird! (Addict) sometimes the bird is still and I can feel safe enough to see it a little closer but am always aware or at least try to be of potential threats to my safety. (Spiritually, mentallynand emotionally) speaking!

Figuring out when and how to do all that takes work and commitments to maintain balance thus peace!

Thanks kind eyes I love the that! I can so relate!
one day at a time! Progress not perfection and willingness, working 12 steps you here meetings and prayer and Godd all help me have helped me get where I am today! In all my affairs!

Attitude of gratitude is my theme today!

Hugs and prayers!