View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
SweetPea

I've been thinking a lot about some of the replies and the statements about me "not respecting his boundaries and his need for privacy right now" really bothers me. For him to tell me he wants to be left alone--of course I am going to contact him. What am I supposed to think? That was just out of the blue and so out of character.

I know I am new to this and definitely don't know and understand a lot, but what about my needs?? I just want a conversation with him. I think I deserve more than a text. It was all just so abrupt and so final and I feel I deserve some explanation. It's always about him. What about having it be about me for a change?

And I do feel that someone at his meeting told him that he wasn't ready for a relationship and that he needed to end it with me. The words he used in his texts didn't seem like his words.

Another thing I don't understand is why everyone always says to walk away. What if everyone walked away from every addict? I did walk away when he was using and it was not a healthy environment for me to live in. I didn't want that for my life. But now I feel there is a chance for a good life and a future. I don't want to walk away.

I still haven't sent any text messages but I do want to send him a letter. I've written two and haven't sent them. It has helped me to write.