View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Sasha4

There is nothing to feel scared of I promise.

Nobody understands how you are feeling more than a roomful of ex drunks!
And that is exactly what an AA meeting is.

I find when you are a newcomer, and I have found in general at AA, there is no social code to try and grasp, no secret handshake, no wrong thing to say, no right thing to say, no wrong thing to wear, no right thing to wear, no cliques, no in crowds or outcasts.....just people like me and you who want to stop drinking.

The people at AA, the one's who might have been their years and years have seen it all before. Nothing shocks them, very little surprises them.

I think it's fine to not tell your girlfriend at the moment. I was the same and I saw it as something I wanted to do for myself. However I did confide later when I felt stronger and had more courage about what I was doing.

When I see posts like this about people wanting to go to AA but dare not walk through the door, I am almost shouting from my computer saying do it, please do it, it will be the best decision you ever make.

For me I will have eternal gratitude to the people I have met in AA who have shared their rock bottoms because they don't want to see another person go through agony they did.
There is nothing more powerful, loving and supportive than that.

Please for me, will you go and come back and tell me how you went on?

I have got my fingers crossed for you. xx