View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  
munchkin05

ooohh very nice pond!
I'm going to make peruvian rotisserie chicken tonight along with fried plantains and arroz amarillo (equates to yellow rice) and candied acorn squash using cinnamon, butter, pecans and honey. I think I might make a poor mans version of dulce de leche with sweetened evaporated milk I picked up in the dented goods area today at the commissary.
Oh funny bit. Hubby and I a week or two ago picked up some of the reduced meats they had at the commissary because we heard about how the sequestration would possibly furlough some of the USDA staff which would mean possible shortages of meat later. So anyhoo, today at the commissary. NO MEAT in the reduced meat area. All gone. Hubby and I looked at each other, nodded and said "hhmm. someone else had the same idea obviously. Or a bunch of somebodies.
Oh and the SHTF (poop hit the fan) at work yesterday. Its official. We are now down to mandatory 16 hours of LWOP per pay period. The office staff present went ballistic. Other than this lil chica who WARNED them a while ago this was coming, they didn't believe it, and now, voila. Here you go.
I told hubby it WILL get worse. How bad, don't know yet but we're prepared and I thank God we are. I actually prayed on my way out of the office yesterday thanking God for helping us out and teaching us we better be prepared. Now, we do have bills but nothing that one paycheck can't cover.
Now that leads me to worry about the next US speed bump. March 27th will be here before we know it.
Still here, still sober