Thread: Hi! New here!
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 12:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
boltsfan

Hi! New here!

Hi everyone new member here I have been drinking pretty regularly for about 9 years now. When I was younger it was fun, acceptable, etc. Anymore I really just feel I need to quit. I am super smart and used to be really motivated lol anymore I just feel tired all the time.

I very rarely get drunk, hold a regular job but after work I am very good at having 2 beers/hr for 6 hours. This is terrible. I am a single mom, was a teen mom, put myself through college, bought a home, live within our means. But I drink alot.

So, I guess my deal is how do you quit and stick to it? I am a very scheduled type of person, it just seems like this became a habit and I do it because that's what I did yesterday and the day before and the day before etc.

Is it possible in my situation to have rules where there is no alcohol during the work week but allowed on weekends only? I am not super addicted where I must be drunk, miss work over it or any of that. I also had a surgery and during that recovery time did not drink, so possibly there is hope?