View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Munch and Pond: These are for sure scary times right now. I thank my lucky stars everyday for the choice I made in 1984 for joining the ARNG and working fulltime with them. If it hadn't of been for that choice back then? God only knows where me and Jethro would be today. We own the land we are sitting on, the vehicles we drive, the appliances we use everyday, but we don't own the double wide Manufactured home we live in on it. And of course I fought like a demon to win my 100% DAV rights too since I was medically discharged. So we don't have anything to worry about now as far as surviving these economic times. Jethro is also now working after being laid off for three years. Being together 24/7 was interesting! LOL I'm glad it happened then and not now. Won't go into details here on that one.

Since I'm a 100% DAV! I filed for SS. That has been an ongoing test for three years now. Still waiting to be approved. The state isn't on the same guidelines as the Military. So they don't see me as disabled. Argh!!

I saw the news segment on the illegals getting released. I'm not going to touch that subject on the open thread. I'll just say: Each to their own opinion!

Munch: Does your husband already have his 20 years in? With the Pres getting ready to reduce the numbers of military personnel? The retirement groups will go first! It happened once before. They'll be first and then the sick lame and lazy will go next. I personnelly think this is an insane thing to do!!! The world is unsettled as all get out right now. I suggest he pull our troops out of the middle East zones and put them along the borders. It would secure our borders tenfold and keep our military personnel still employed. Win - Win solution!

Another thing I thought up the other day was something I tossed Jethro's way. It would work if it was done properly. There are millions of ppl in the world. If each person gave just $5.00 towards the deficit? It would get us out of the red and back into the black with money left over. Jobs could be opened up for collecting the money to go into the account for the pay off. Jobs could reopen in areas due to ppls' taxes being reduced because we wouldn't have to be paying so much to pay that deficit off. More money could be going into the economy which would also open up new jobs! So much good could come from just $5.00 being donated by each person. But who am I to be listened to?

BTW: If y'all want to see some live action from our feathered kids around here? Go watch the video's I posted on the HH.

Best regards to the both of y'all!

TOD