View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 07:17 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Ama

Originally Posted by jojoZ
Addictions can manifest and act out in so many ways. I have long believed that the very root of my problems is a lack of self-love. I don't care how pretty I am or how smart I am or how much you ( a man ) tell me I am all of these things, if I don't love myself it means nothing.
This is so very very true indeed! I listen to all these positive reinforcements from others but the self-love is for me self-loathing beyond belief. Much work to do on this but it is great to explore this in this thread. Seems that much addiction is based in lack of self-love aka self - loathing.....

Much to ponder indeed - and I will.....I think the Steps give us tools to rebuild self love and self esteem. I know of one man who gets up everymorning and goes to the mirror and gives himself a big hug and says I love you. We need to learn to love ourselves - this man does now love himself and is a great guy with loads of sobriety - he is a howl actually and makes me laugh alot. Speaks volumes but we must listen.....Luvs Ama