View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 09:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Pamel

Originally Posted by NewLifeForMeeee View Post
Hi to you all. Just checking in on day 2, feeling p'd off today and angry. Just walked out of a meeting, it was too much for me to bare, felt like an abused child. They all p'd me off. One women sat next to me and ignored me, and sat sniggering at other peoples shares, which i thought was rude. There was another women that didn't return my text couple of weeks ago when i was struggling and i went out & picked up. Why pretend to help if you don't want to. I find some of the men arrogant and it's very clique. They all know eachother. I don't feel ready to share but i felt the pressure to. Generally p'd off. Sorry to sounds SO miserable
I can relate to this. When I first started in AA (many years ago with some relapses), I had many of the same reactions you have mentioned. Except one night when I walked into a meeting, p'd off that no one greeted me. Couldn't they see I was new and needed help???? Then I looked around and saw another person standing alone, so I went and introduced myself...

Turned out it was their first time and she was having the same reaction as me. Now having been on the other side of the fence (knowing many people and enjoying socializing, I have never forgotten that and try to greet people at the door. The cross I have to bear with that one is that sometimes I will greet someone who says: "Don't you remember me? We talked at yesterday's meeting!"

Not an excuse but YOU must raise your hand and say you are new and would like (many) phone numbers. I guarantee you will have a different experience.