View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SisterChristian

I just wanted to let you know that I can relate to your feelings about your husband. Although I still love my husband, since I've been sober, I have lost any attraction I had to him. Drugs used to help me relax to get "in the mood", and now I don't have that to rely on, I am never "in the mood". Frustrating for both of us. Like you, I felt closer to my husband when I was using.

I too have a young child, that deserves to have a sober mom. Getting/staying sober is the best thing we can do for our children. Feeling like you might lose your child in a custody battle, must be a terrifying thought.

For me, after being on drugs for so long, and then quitting, its like starting all over again. Trying to figure out who you are, what you think, how to act w/out the influence of drug or drink. It's a big shock!

Hang in there. Know that you are not alone. You're doing good, staying sober for 5 months, is something to be proud of.

Marriage counseling, as suggested above, sounds like good advice (for both of us!).

I'm a newby here, so take mt 2 cents for what it's worth. Just trying to offer some support.