Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 04:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ricmcc

Hi, Wanda, as you have seen, there is lots of support on SR, and I am glad that you decided to post and join in.
One of the important things in my recovery was first to come to a state where I actually liked myself enough to feel that I did truly deserve something better, which for me, and I believe quite a few others, did involve therapy and for again for me, addressing depression. Perhaps I should not say first address those issues, but address them when I decided to stop drinking--it's a sort of chicken and egg thing, as low self esteem, depression, and drinking in an unhealthy fashion all seem to support each other. I am not saying that this approach is best for you, just saying that it was the approach that I needed to get and stay sober. Also, I found that it had a sort of snowball effect, as I addressed each issue that was troubling me, it became over time rather self sustaining, and a reward in and of itself--all the best of luck to you, and I do hope that you continue to participate in this site, great bunch of people here, yourself included, btw----rick