Old 02-26-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Gforce23

2grandaughters--in response to your question, I am attending 2 a week, regularly. You might suggest more meetings, but it would be difficult for me to do more. There is only one in my town, and I'm already taking time away for another in the town over. I guess I could try for more in the evenings in town.

PreciousKitty and Fini, yeah I here where you are coming from, but I always thought of myself as someone who got anger out--as in, I am fairly reactionary and volatile--I've got that Celtic Hot-Headed gene--so I was always trying to work on being LESS angry, not MORE angry. One of my mothers old friends told my mom when I was 24 that I appeared to "have a lot of anger." At the time I had idea what she was talking about. I'm starting to wonder, if my reactivity and angry outburst in my life, have actually had less to do with feeling my real feelings and more to do with actually covering them up with in-authentic anger, or being angry about things that are like red-herrings? You know, like "kick the dog" type of anger, when you lash out at people or things when the anger is really about something else. Maybe that's it.

I was thinking about this thing with my husband. It's almost like, even though I've been working very hard on my end of things, (not reacting to his b.s.) It's like this demon inside of me is just raging out my being like, "Oh no you WILL NOT TREAT ME LIKE THIS MOTHERF***r." Sorry, but it's intense! It's like what--I just discovered that have boundaries but I'm not sure how to make them clear to him or other people with out completely going right over board? Is that it?