Old 02-25-2013, 08:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Grymt
All is Change

No. I tend to hang around for the after coffee, bickies and chat. Now with SR I end my day with it and then go home to sleep. My anxiety levels have dropped, it actually feels more like enthusiasm these days. When I first started participating I recognised that what was happening in me was the sort of stuff that triggers drinking. I think that is a logical thing to happen. I'm more exposed, not just personally but also to others stuff. In the end it's all good.

Because I don't drink, elevated levels of stress or anxiety is just that these days. Something to be dealt with. Booze thinking sometimes flickers in the back of my mind but that's all. I don't know what to say about it to those who (like me(once)) daily struggled. I don't really know the ins and outs of what changed but it did. Maybe it's just something as simple as habit. I don't drink and I feel my feelings and try to remain equanimous. It works for me.

Of course that doesn't mean that I didn't spend a large part of my life boozing and trying to figure it out. It probably helped as did stopping trying to figure it out.