View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 07:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
NorweiganWood

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm not sure how old you are but I don't believe anyone has the right to deprive you of prescribed medication.

I'm not sure I'd call relapse selfish exactly - it's nothing really but impulse, but I do believe we need to take responsibility for our actions drink or sober and how they have affected others.

We all have to take our lumps NW - i did a lot of damage as a drinker and it was many months before those wounds were healed.

Sometimes people were unfair sure but I know even then there's no way to make someone feel the way I want them to.

If things are too bad you can always make a choice to remove yourself from the situation.

I'm not sure if you live with your family or not but it sounds like it - if you're living situation is intolerable is there any chance of you moving out?

D
Thanks for the reply... I can't move out, I'd have nowhere to go. Since I left rehab I made a conscious choice to stop talking to all my old friends so I basically need a coping strategy to deal with the anger my family has towards me. I just wish they could somehow understand my issues instead of constantly accusing me of lying and delegitimizing them. I mean what 16 year old girl just starts drinking like a fish out of nowhere... my alcoholism didn't just start there were so many underlying reasons that no one wants to acknowledge.