Thread: Blacked out
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 10:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
TrixMixer

Hi ChasingHim,

So you are an alcoholic with a boyfriend of five years. Is your boyfriend also an alcoholic?

Does he know you are?
Do you both go out with friends and party separately?

Frankly, CH, I am amazed that this is the first time something like this has happened to you in 5 years of being with your boyfriend. If he is an alcoholic, he has probably had sex with somebody in five years also.

Problem is Alcohol allows us to let go of all inhibitions--Sex is the one thing that overwhelmingly looks like a good idea when your in mixed company and partying. A guy you would never be interested in your sober life, get's lucky because your out of your mind. Great places for losers to hang out are bars-"-Luck be a Drunk Lady Tonight", ya know.

Chances are you did not put up a big fight, maybe even initiated it. Your girlfriend was probably as drunk as you, so I am not sure she would have been in any condition herself to be telling you what you should or should not be doing, let alone Save you from anything. She is not your caretaker.

Look women and alcohol are a Wreck waiting to happen and a rape ready to happen! It isn't pretty, but that is what we expose ourselves to every time we get smashed.
I agree with the other posters.
Make sure you have your facts straight, hell your friend could be imagining things in her own blackout. Evaluate your five year relationship with your boyfriend--if he is also an alcoholic--I am not so sure he doesn't already know what might happen when you are out without him and drunk.

I just find it hard to believe that this is the first time something like this has happened in the 5 years you have been together. I have been where you are, and know I was NO Saint--in or out of a relationship, and nothing I might have done would of shocked me. I was a "drunk" and especially in a women, that ain't pretty and NOTHING I did would have shocked me--all common sense goes out the window, and you just want what you want when you want it, stamping your foot and pouting until you get it!

Relationships and alcoholism are not such a good combo!

Sincerely hope you know what is best to do in your own heart, if this is true.

Either way it is TIME to get sober!
Stay here and we will try and help you.
TrixMixer