View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Midlifecrisis

Originally Posted by sobersonja View Post

I'm so glad you are trying to get help MLC. Don't quit okay? I know when I needed help because of dangerous withdrawls from strong opiates,methadone one of them. It was labor day weekend,which is a holiday here in U.S.I could'nt get in at detox either. I was at the hospital,I had to call 911 emerjency number because I thought I was gonna die. When there, I told them what I take so they could help me, knowing the truth. They took different tests and found I was dangerously low on salts to function right. I was so dehydrated from drinking, to help with drug withdrawl.That I drank so much water I washed out alot of salt in my body. Anyway to make a long story short,I called a phone number in the phone book cause there was no help where I lived. I went across the U.S.from Washington state to Florida,a 12 hour flight,to a detox treatment center.I did'nt have to pay for trip before hand. Of course my husband's insurance covered half.And I had no kids living with me.I don't know your curcumstances with help for medical expenses,and if you can have a family member who can watch your kids for a little while.Do you have a treatment center close by?Maybe they have one with a detox where you can go short term? Just a thought.Or do you need to have someone other than hubby to hold and despense your med.to level that will let you into detox? Sorry this was so long to read. And I know you can do this MLC and I know your kids need for you to do this.GOOD LUCK
I don't want any other family
Members to know. My inlaws are so judgemental and my own parents went through enough when I was an iv drug user. It's never spoken a out now, like
It
Never happened.

I was thinking of trying to taper down and then go to detox. I need to get down to a quarter of what I'm on though (