View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 03:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Quinne

What's driving you to want to see someone else?

The point is, you're better than this and deserve to be sober and happy. We've all been where you are, know and *understand* just how difficult it is, but you can do this!

Other members have stated what has worked for them; some have suggested that they got (and stayed) sober for their kids and partners, and gained enough self-worth to want this for themselves. Why not try that?

You have a duty and a responsibility as a Mother and Wife to not only look out for your family, but YOU too! Believe it or not, you have the choice to pick up the phone and reach out, get to an AA meeting (would you drive 2 hours to get alcohol if you felt that was your only option?), call Directline, but the crux of the matter is you need to start somewhere.....

Knowing your own history, you have every right to tear up a script or seek a second opinion; I know that in active alcoholism, I'd pick and choose those who I knew would tell me what I wanted to hear, or give me what I wanted to take. Being a medical professional doesn't make anyone Godlike; even Doctors can be prone to oversights and lack knowledge in some areas.

Every alcoholic or addict I've met has said that the ticket to recovery is in action (no matter what their recovery method), not in thinking about it. I hope you find the courage within yourself to do this and grab it with both hands while you still can

Xx