View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 03:56 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
bemyself

Wink

Hey luvvie,

Goddess knows what time it is over there (my SR GMT + or - are constantly confusing), perhaps you've gone to bed.

Still, yes, the watching the Brit Awards are .... lovely. Just what they are. Especially if august souls like Helen Mirren etc are on. (I'm assuming you've meant the BAFTAs? Possibly I'm wrong).

Had to laugh to self with your 'who? what? this is the best?'. If I'm reading you correctly: yeah, it's just that sense that Life 'in my day' IS what it damn well IS. Drat it. We're not writing the great American / Australian / British novel. We're not somehow miraculously fulfilling our 5 Year Plan (very Stalinist, in my view) so often proposed by the Positivity / Productivity Police. We're not even being film stars, rock musos, poet laureates (btw, is Andrew Motion still the current Brit one?), scalers of the north face - or should it be the south face? - of Everest......etc etc.

What we ARE doing is, simply, being and doing whatever we can be, right now. Chookie, if that's 'just' watching the BAs with your teenage son, and ducking out for a ciggie....that's cool! I no longer have my (adult) kids in my daily life, or my anytime life for that matter, as they don't want anything to do with me. You have your teenager and your littlie - oh yes, I'm a mum, so remember each of those stages well. Maybe doing stuff for and with them Just Is your 'work', just for today?

PS the curry sounded gorgeous, and I agree, onions / garlic first fried up with the spices is totally the traditional and best way to go.

Keep on wittering, pet.
x
Vic