Old 02-20-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
lightseeker

I wish that I could remember who here told me how to deal with guilt.....I really think it was either Anvil or Cynical One....but either way it was great advice. She said....make a list of everything that you feel guilty about and then seek the explanation of why you've chosen to do what you feel guilty about. Ask what he did to cause you to make that choice.

I tell you - as soon as I did that the guilt dissipated. And I have to always remember that no one can make me feel guilty....if I feel guilty then I have signed up for that feeling.

I know that I am just over addiction of any sort....drugs, alcohol, work, gambling, sex, whatever. I don't want to be with anyone that is allowing sometime else run their life. No more. There is nothing to feel guilty about in wanting serenity.

And you know what....sometimes, the straw that breaks the camels back gets added and you are just done. Over. You've had enough. Never do I ever hear someone come back and say "why didn't you try harder to make it work or stay longer?". Oh wait....one person has - HIM. His comments don't count though. Like how many chances do you need?

I hope that you are feeling better and not taking on the guilt that isn't yours to bear anyway.