View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Hanna

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
I'm going to have to disagree with you. Every decision I made to drink alcohol after I realized it was a problem for me was bad, no doubt. But I have made many good decisions in the other areas of my life. Currently I am having excellent self-control, even with respect to alcohol.

I am, however, questioning why I am participating in a thread started by a known heroin junkie and drug cartel queenpin. At least she has agreed to give up procrastination.

Tomorrow.
:rotfxko

I disagree, too but for another reason. I'm here because of my family experiences with addiction. But I have those same discipline problems and alot of love and understanding for addicts and alcoholics. If something feels too good, most people have issues pulling away from it, I think. It's just that what feels good to an alcholic or drug addict is different and more destructive than what might give another person the same feeling. Also, what we get exposed to and how we learn to cope. I never took a hard drug - thank you Nancy Reagan. Not true for male members of my family. We probably have similar issues but had very different experiences. Do I cope with difficulties by burying myself in a book or spending too much time on the internet? Absolutely. Is it interfering with my life to the degree I need help? Not today. It would if it were alcohol, though and it's something I have to be careful about. All just my opinion. I haven't been through the alcoholic experience so not going to say I understand everything, but I do want to humbly say I think I can relate to how any of us can get there.

And I'm not sure why I find the drug cartel thing so funny given that it hits pretty close to home for some of us, but it's making me roar with laughter. And that feels good!