Thread: Loving myself?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bamboo10

Loving myself?

So i have been reflecting a lot lately. I have been working on loving myself-for who I am am, and for who I am not. I know that I am a good person. I am generous, caring, campassionate, loving, and hard working. Yet-everyone seems to see and believe that except for me. I know it's true but there is that nagging part of my head that says it isnt good enough.

I didnt date for most of my life. A few one or two month relationships in high school, didnt date at all in college. Unlike most of my friends, I just wasn't interested in wasting my time with someone I didnt see a future with. I thought when I met him I would know. And that would be it-he would be the one for me. Stupid, I know.

I guess I am just holding myself to ridiculous standards. Standards that nobody else is even thinking about. Nobody is criticizing me, or looking down on me if I don't reach them. Well nobody except for myself. Why can't I realize that who I am is good enough? It is good enough for everyone around me. Heck it is more than good enough for everyone around me. I have had several guys ask me out recently and all I can think is....why would they want to date me? I'm not looking to date right now anyway, but why cant I see what they see?

Why can't I realize that I am good enough as I am?