Old 02-19-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
hello-kitty

No one makes you feel guilty. You own that emotion. It's a codependent response to his manipulation. He is using your emotions and codependent tendencies against you. He knows that he can "guilt" you into coming back. It's worked in the past, right? So it's up to you if you are ready to work through that and change. Because right now, he's doing whatever works for him to get what he wants for himself.

Time to double up on your support for yourself. Read more books about codependency and healthy boundaries in relationship. Focus on your personal values and goals. Do your homework. Write down your personal boundaries. Do whatever it takes for you to get healthy - to live a satisfying life that is true to what you believe and value.

Gambling is a serious addiction. Do you want that in your life? If not, then there is no reason to feel guilty. You are doing the right thing and taking care of yourself.

No contact works very well when someone is trying to manipulate you. It gives you time to sort through your gut feelings and make WISE decisions without being pressured. In fact, it's one of my personal boundaries.

If I feel like someone is trying to manipulate me and guilt me into doing something that I know in my gut is wrong, I will no longer talk to them.