Old 02-19-2013, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
horriblethisis

I left and now he's making me feel guilt!

My head says one thing, but my heart says another. He is making me feel guilty for leaving. (Quick recap…I left him after 25 years of marriage because I am just so done with all of his lies and betral of trust, along with his many addictions and the life that goes with that…meetings, etc.). He keeps saying that love should conquer all. I used to believe that, but getting back the trust is so very difficult, I don’t know if it can be done (again). He is asking that I give him a chance (third chance) to make things right. He has supposedly been clean from opiates for 9 months, but now has moved his addiction to gambling in a serious way! I don’t want to give him false hope…but the truth is, I don’t really know if I want him back…I have just been taken for granted for so long. I find myself almost telling him what he wants to hear (that there is hope)…and there might very well be hope…but in the back of my mind, I feel I am done…and this is making me guilty…but he is so sad and so compelled to “make things right”. I am just so tired of it all. Both my kids (24) and (20) aren’t even talking to him...and he is blaming that on me. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you all!!!