View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 12:12 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
thislonelygirl
box of chocolates

Originally Posted by Phillips View Post
I presume this probably is not the place to ask technical questions about liver damage through alcohol, but then again there could be some very well-informed folk here who can help.

Anyway, to the point: my doc wants to run a liver test on me this week.

If the test shows that my liver has been harmed, does time heal it? Does it get 'better'?

Please, I do not ask this because I want it to get better so that I can abuse it again.

Either way, I am in my second attempt at sobriety in as many weks, and I believe my time for complete abstenance in upon me, regardless of the liver test.

Yours, in peace,

-Phillips
The liver works to heal itself and in fact does but through other factors
Length of drinking age genetics etc. Is the severity which in turn becomes liver disease full blown
Since you are not jaundice puking up black tarry like vomit and or experiencing other pains.
I think its fair to presume that any damage done to your liver is reversable (though your liver may have scars) not drinking and doing as your doctor has instructed will take care of your body. Do know that if any damage is seen (which it could be) the liver never 100% heals.. as I mentioned it develops scarring from trying to keep up with the alcohol intake so even by stopping drinking and taking care of yourself if say you picked drinking back up later on etc the clock on your liver doesnt start over it takes off from the damage already done.
So in short take care of your body. Listen to your doc and any signs I mentioned call your doctor right away.