View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004, 07:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ama

Self affirmation sounds good for us all! I am lucky that I have a wonderful man who loves me - He lives West Coast US - I in Ireland :-( but has to be that way due to work committments and others too - but he has helped me so very much as his love is unconditional whereas that of my husbands was not! He tells me every single day but it is hard getting it! Not used to it after 20 years in an abusive marriage where so much hurt and pain abounded - my ex Bless Him was not a happy man and capable of giving and an alcoholic with many problems himself that he brought to our marriage - a Mother who never loved him being one. Stayed in that destructiveness as I feared being alone so very much. Daft!!! Co-dependance......I used to think that meant doing drugs and drink - only recently have I had it explained to me but it is addictive behaviour I do know.

I know I am lucky in many ways but still get attacked with loneliness and feelings of self worthlessness. Dont feel I deserve good things and do the self sabbotage stuff like drink when it is killing me. I know it is the insanity of addiction and know I need to work on this everyday. I also wish good things and sobriety for you! Keep getting better a day at a time.....Luvs Ama