View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
redatlanta

If you feel his medication is not right then perhaps its time to look for a new Doctor, or to have him go inpatient to a psychiatric hospital.

There are plenty of bad Dr's out there - research is worth it. A good one can change your life. For RAH we have had to wait as long as 5 months to get in to see a great Dr. A GP should not be prescribing to your husband - only a psychiatrist and your husband should be seeing a psychiatrist every month until his cocktail works.

I think this is a sticky situation regarding co-dependency, but when mental illness is not being treated that person is often unable to help themselves. I wouldn't beat myself up too much trying to accomplish this - it would only happen if he was willing to cooperate. I have stopped managing my husband's health care with the exception of some help with his Bi-Polar. I do his pills every night and I will make his Psychiatrist appt's. Its more for my mental health LOL.

If you have had enough I understand that too. Will keep you in my prayers tonight and hope you enjoyed Al Anon.