Thread: Good god
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
NewMe11109
The New Me starting 1/11/09

Welcome Seiceps - for me, the key was trying something new, as what I was doing wasn't working. I use a combination of AA + SR + working with other alcoholics, but there are other methods that work too (as others have said).

Hopefully, by reading SR, you get the idea that (1) you are not alone, (2) others have been through the same problems as you, and (3) people have stopped drinking and built satisfying lives and healthy relationships.

I am an alcoholic and can't drink. I also know that I will transfer my addiction really easily if I'm not careful to other things (some ok like exercise and some not so good like eating or working incessantly). So, I have to work at it.

I work on my addiction every day and in doing this, I've learned a lot of new things about myself. I appreciate the new tools I've learned and now can combat most of the voices that tell me it is ok to drink. I find that it never goes away completely, but it is much more manageable after you get some time sober.

We all believe in you and want you to be successful. But, don't try it alone. Reach out to others. Take care.