Thread: Good god
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ReadyAndAble

Welcome to SR, Seiceps. First thing you need to know is that it really does get better. Pretty much everyone arrives at SR feeling like you do; hopeless and scared. But you're not hopeless at all—this can be the beginning of better days, right now.

I'm really glad you found this place. The info I got here was a huge help to me when I finally decided to quit drinking. That was such a scary, drastic step at the time; now my only regret is that I didn't quit sooner! I have no doubt you will feel the same way, too. I know it's hard to imagine life without booze, but trust me, it's so much easier and more enjoyable without that weight hanging on me! It's just hard to see it because you're still inside the bubble of addiction, where wrong is right, up is down. It really does get better!

We can't give medical advice here, and I don't have any expertise anyway, but I'm pretty sure anti-depressants don't mix well with alcohol. Maybe talk to your doc about it? Hopefully it will be a moot point soon anyway. You're going to be so grateful you took this step!