View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 12:24 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Sazzle

Hi gang, just checking in!

What a week. Someone at my AA told me that when you quit you start seeing people for who they are and boy is that true. I've had immense difficulties with my flatmate. I don't want to go into details here, but basically he doesn't want me to be with anyone and is acting like a man deterrent for me. He's also ignored my requests to set up a standing order for his rent. Not sure if he is alcoholic, a sociopath or just plain taking the ****.

Anyway, my life is quite drama free now so I no longer have that fog disguising all these things. I'm going away for a week on my own. I've got a beautiful spa booked up with treatments and lovely healthy foods and I can't wait.

Last night I went out for drinks after work with colleagues (male) and then for dinner with my girlfriends. It's funny, the difference in conversations between the sexes. I went from side splitting banter to 'he said, she said' gossip, man trouble and baby talk! It must have just been the mix of friends I was with but, apart from my best friend who is amazing, the other girls seemed more bitchy/whiny than ever. This could be were I got drunk in the past and noticed it less!

Sorry for not posting here much. I really should drop in more instead of writing small novels when I do!

S x