View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 07:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
PeacefulMe

Originally Posted by PippiLngstockng View Post
My STBXAH is living in our house with all of the antiques, the piano, the 8 passenger mini van, family photos, etc.

When I go back this summer the police are going in there with me, along with a friend and moving tguy. I will whatever the lawyers have agreed I'll take. Besides the piano, there isn't going to be much to battle about and he can have the piano if need be, although it would be nice for the children to play on.

Can you get someone to call him, like a legal person or someone else professional-sounding, and set a date with him for going to his loft and packing out your antiques? Just don't get involved yourself. I don't know your A, but mine plays victim, too. So this would give him a chance to feel this is all your doing, which he might enjoy. My AH would just stay out of the house but go to the nearest neighbor with a sad face and maybe tears and get sympathy.

But to do this, you have to be clear and not have direct contact with your A. No engagement about this. Everything through a lawyer, moving company/friend.

All of this probably because I love French antiques...

(((Hugs)))
Funny story (well funny today anyway). I was in similar situation with STBXAH living in our big house with all the nice stuff while I was in a tiny rental. After we mostly agreed on division of the 'stuff' this summer I showed up with movers and got my half of things and now paying big buck for storage unit since no room in my rental. As soon as my 'stuff' was out he replaced it all...........new dining room set, huge desk and credenza, spare bedroom set, leather chair, pictures and more. In November he up and DIED on me (imagine the nerve.......don't get me wrong I'm still grieving but just in a weird mood this morning). NOW essentially I have TWO of everything, am still paying rent, paying for storage unit AND the mortgage on our big empty house because I'm going to sell it and don't want to move back in. If I had dragged my feet a bit on getting my stuff I wouldn't be paying to store it and left with the hassle of trying to sell all the duplicate stuff he bought one month before he died.

So maybe you want to look at it at free storage for the time being with hopes of claiming it at a later date.