View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 02:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Audrey1

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
Please, no. We have our share here already!

Grizz, your post broke my heart. Just know that someday, she will regret her choices.

Hugs,
~T
Same here.

But you do realise it's not a question about you not being she wanted, but is she what you want? You had children together. That requires a commitment to settle down and happily let go of the fast high life, and a shift in priorities. You both made the decision to have children, but you are the only one living up to the commitment.

I have a friend who sounds like your wife. As she is a single mother, this is a huge problem and her child is greatly affected. It is her partner who is the alcoholic, though from the state she was in the last few times I saw her, it looks like she's not far behind. She has a small daughter, and little interest in giving up her party life to look after and be a good role model for her.

Luckily your children have a stable home life with a reliable and caring father. You sound like a really good man and when your wife burns out from all that partying perhaps she will realise what she's lost. Or not. Either way, be content in your choices. The way you choose to spend your time sounds pretty ideal to me.