View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 08:48 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Sisterella

Hey there my Novie peeps! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! I would comment about what lovely weather we are still having here but I don't want to upset nomis ... If I could bottle it up and send it to ya I would!!

So the {as the preacher put it} most extravagant 'simple' wedding he had ever seen went off without at hitch (as far as any of the guests knew). What I learned is that I will never EVER agree to cook kabobs for 150 people EVER again ( did I say EVER?). Fortunately 4 ladies from the school showed up to help. So Wednesday night we had a cutting party and Thursday night we had a stabbing party. Needless to say it was fun and stressful all wrapped into one.

WARNING FOR GUYS!! GIRL TALK IN 3....2.....1
To top off the stress I was late. Not for the wedding (well, I was late to that too, including but not limited to me running food to the wedding in my PAJAMAS while people were showing up all dressed to the nines...can you say peopleofwalmart - Panama edition) , but the kind of late that makes a woman nervous. Late, like when you are heckling a batter at a baseball game when he swings late and misses and you yell... "Hope your girlfriend isn't that late!!" Late...which should NOT be happening at 42 years old, when are done having kids, and your husband has been fixed. I'm never late, but it happened. My only thought was... well, actually this is the first time in years that if I was I wouldn't have to worry about having had a drink during the first two weeks. So Thursday afternoon I FINALLY took a test. It was negative. I'm not sure how I felt about that.

Anyway... interesting drinking story(ies). One of the ladies that helped me out both nights invited me over after the wedding for a "we made it" celebration drink. I told her that I had quit drinking but we would love to come hang out. It was funny how offended she acted. She even made the statement that we didn't have to come if we didn't want to. It was odd.

So we went over and I was the only one not drinking, which really wasn't an issue. We had a wonderful time. HOWEVER!! I did something that I am incredibly ashamed of. One of the ladies doesn't drink often and was extremely tired and had finished all but the last inch of wine in her glass. I could tell that it was already effecting her and she was either really tipsy or really tired or a combo. So she says that she's done with her glass. I chirped with my TYPICAL alcoholic "You can't stop drinking cause I will feel bad" mentality and said, "You can't leave wine in the glass!! That's alcohol abandonment!" I was half joking, and it's something that I have ALWAYS said to people. This poor girl, when no one else would drink it for her, chugged the last bit. That last little bit sent her over the edge from tipsy to REALLY tipsy. I felt like a complete SCHUMK! I couldn't believe that even though I was sober I was still acting like the typical alkie. SO, I'm going to apologize to her tomorrow and tell her to NEVER again let ANYONE shame her into drinking when she has decided she has had enough.

So that's been my week... I am SO grateful for all of you who are still here. I ran some stats today (cause I'm a HUGE geek that way). Do you realize that out of the 125 that joined this group between Nov and December, that there are only 16 of us that still post on a routine basis. Proud of you guys! You are in the minority of those who make it!

Have a blessed start to the new week!