Old 02-02-2013, 03:49 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Nonsensical
Hears The Voice

Checking in on the morning of Day 5.

Went to dinner with my wife's boss and his wife last night, as their guests. Obviously, I knew there would be alcohol available at the restaurant, but I wasn't really aware that at Le Restaurante des Fancies Pants the cocktail is served like the first course. My wife told me later that I didn't look awkward declining a cocktail, but it sure felt awkward. I wanted one, also, but I know where that leads for me, and I wanted my sobriety more. The host didn't make it uncomfortable. He asked with a raised eyebrow (he has seen me drink before - but not drunk) and I just said it wasn't on my diet plan. He mentioned briefly that when he wants to lose weight he skips on the booze as well. And that was the end of it. The others had wine with dinner also, but I was fine with my still water.

My wife mentioned on the way home that it would be nice if she could have purchased just 1 glass of wine 'to go'. I showed off a little and stopped at a bar where she had a glass of wine and I had a club soda and lime. Oddly, that felt less risky to me than dinner. She seemed happy with me, and I was in the mood to put some moves on her when we got home, and there are some things I like even more than being drunk.

Slept pretty well, and now I am gonna have breakfast with my friends at SR and then go take my finance exam with my brain not sluggish from alcohol.