View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KLM

Relapse advice - strength and help :(

I have posted once on this board but this time its from a different perspective.
I need some insight please. I have read alot on the boards and have found them very helpful.

Heres my story.

Four years ago I reconnected with my first love from when I was 13 years old.(we are in our 40's now.) I knew he had drug problems (crack) but didnt fully understand addiction etc. We moved in together and I have a daughter from a previous relationship. He went to NA meetings and everything seemed great. He still drank and had one major slip with crack over that time.
We were the "it" couple. The fairytale. Everyone could see how much we loved each other. We were the love of each others lives. My daughter adores him.

FFWD 4 years and our lives are SO intertwined. We have a business together, toys, holiday trailer, etc etc etc.

He asked me to marry him in Oct - 3 months ago. We were panning our wedding.

On Jan 9th he got drunk, and left our home and wasnt seen for 3 days. He came home, high on crack and told me he loved me but couldnt spend the rest of our lives together. He was crying, and tweaking... not really making sense. He said that something changed for him awhile ago and he needed to be by himself so he could work on himself. I told him I felt blindsided. I couldnt believe this. He said that he was making the biggest decision of his life and probably the biggest mistake as well.
So for the next 3 days he had no money as he had spent it all "going out" He was very depressed as he was coming of the crack, no sleep etc.
He wouldnt talk about how we were going to work out finances and make a clean break. I was "rushing him". I told him if he wanted to leave then leave. And that I loved him enough to let him go.
he then got some money and went out again. 3 more days. He then came home and went on a boys weekend. While he was out on this weekend he was sending loving texts. THen he never came home for another three days.

Yesterday he came home high again and saying he should have left when he decided originally because he cant let his heart rule his head. He said very mean things and I told him to pack and leave. He told me to GFY. He went to bed and slept for about 15 hours. He got up this morning to go to work (out of town) and I thought this was it. He said he would be home Sunday and he is going on another boys weekend when he got home this coming Sunday.
I asked him if he wanted me to pack his stuff for the move or he would do it later? He wont answer.

I dont feel that putting him on the street is an option as I need him to still pay bills and help me out financially until this all gets sorted. He can be spiteful and I guess I dont want to take the chance he is going to ruin me financially.

He just left for work and he will be home Sunday. He said that he loves me and he will see me Sunday???? What the hell??? We have not spoken about all the hurt hes caused, where hes been not that there is any point.
He said he needs to hang around better people and get his **** together.
Does this mean hes staying? Or he thinks he is?
We have not talked about what I want. Or where I am in this whole thing.
Or if this is even workable? Or what that looks like.

Im just so confused. I love him however I cannot go through this anymore.... I am so swept up in my own grief, disbelief etc I cant sort through it all.

The active addict and the man I love are two separate people and I just dont know what to do.