View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
inpieces314
Linkin Park Enthusiast

Blaming the Kids

So it's been a while. I don't know the last time I posted.

Long story short, the ABF or whatever he is got a job, so he works completely opposite hours of me, every day except sunday.

I hate sundays, because it is the busiest day of the week for me at work, all of my schoolwork is done sunday night and I am a big procrastinator, and I never know when I am getting home or getting off work or anything.

Sunday is his only day off, so of course, he drinks. Every sunday we have gotten into an argument. Tonight, he tried to argue and I said, I am not engaging in an argument with you, I have stuff to do and I need to go to bed.

THEN he said all the problems we have are because of the 6 year old. That set me off. I know how much of a problem he is, you don't have to tell me, because I am the one who has raised him on my own for his entire life. His behavior has gotten progressively worse and I finally made an appointment for him for ADHD medication and assessments.

It's two weeks from now. I said he is sick you can't blame him, and he has NOTHING to do with our relationship problems. He went on and on. My brother had ADHD and I kept saying how they acted exactly the same and my family suffered as a result until he was diagnosed, but it still wasn't his fault because it was a sickness.

How can someone with a mental disease blame someone with a mental disease?

And he is a meth addict too. I even said the way he felt when he was high on meth is how my 6 year old feels. All the time.

I said if it comes down to the two of you I am picking him, I am his mother and it is my job to protect him, and obviously you don't need to be near him. You can tell he knew he went too far, but at that point it was too late. NEVER blame a child for your problems. I know he is frustrated but it's not like he sees him more than once a week because I am the one who makes sure he gets to school and stuff and he is gone before we get home. And even being drunk and stupid is not an excuse to blame a child for your problems. Even if the 6 year old was acting out purely because of spite.

Alcoholism is a FAMILY disease! We should be blaming the ALCOHOLIC!

I am so pissed off. Really, I am just really really hurt. And even more hurt that the 6 year old started running off after him when he left. How can you say all those things about a child in front of him when he loves you so much?