View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
blackandblue

1 Year Al-Anon Birthday

Today is my 1 year Al-Anon birthday. And like a 1 year old learning to walk and talk, I spent that last year making this recovery thing all of this about my XABF. This year is going to be about me and my recovery. Coming to acceptance that nothing changes if nothing changes. And I have changed. I am moving on. I am holding my ground with clearer boundaries. The difference this time- the pain is finally outweighing the fear to change.

Thank you all for your love and ESH. Going to pick myself up and dust myself off from the darkest few years of my life. Walking away from a cruel, narcissistic, emotionally abusive, manipulative, drug addict. Currently have my running shoes on so if anyone has any encouragement please send it my way. I am working on clearing my emotional slate. I am taking control of my life now and letting go of his rope. May God take care of him and keep me safe during this phase of acceptance. Grief be gone. I am done. Please send me a little push to help me run faster and farther.