Thread: i want
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by ReflectingOnMe View Post
I'm not too old and all this baggage isn't too heavy. But the dating pool is fatter, balding, and a little rusty. I'm okay with that. I fit right in.

Laughing so loud - for sure it is. I am shocked when I see guys in my potential dating pool range and realize how 'old' they look.. then I realize how old/broken I MUST look..laughing...

I love the saying "Be your own kind of beautiful".
LOL! I love this one. I, too, want what the original poster stated. You know what's funny? I'm 42 years old and I feel that I look my best. Maybe it's my self confidence finally kicking in but even though I have a bit of flabby stomach, sun spots on my face, yellowing teeth, etc I still think I'll be OK even if my marriage doesn't work out. Now, what's giving me hope is that my stepmother is juggling 3 MEN. THREE! My dad passed away a year ago and she is now on the prowl and she's not a very attractive woman. She's 63 and she's been quite revved up by her newly found prowess after being married to my dad for 20 years, LOL. Anyway, she keeps giving me hope. FYI: one guy she met online, another she met at her favorite watering hole, and the other she met through a friend. She cracks me up and her life has totally changed after spending 2 years tending to my dad who became paralyzed after spinal tumor surgery. I guess I see her renewal and her spirit and I realize that it's never too late to start over.

Keep writing down what you want, reflectingonme, it affirms to you what you deserve and what you desire. Your Higher Power has a great plan for you!