i want

Old 01-24-2013, 04:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i want

I want to be married. I want someone who loves me as much as I love him. I want my imperfections to be endearing. My weight not matter. I want to hug and be hugged. I want to initiate intimacy and not feel rejected. I want to trust a trustworthy man. I want to have mutual friends, date night and romance. I want dependability and normalacy. I want to break my previous cycle and own my life! I want it and I will achieve it.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I like your attitude, and I believe you shall succeed!!! Good for you!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's what I want too... but I'm not sure I want to try anymore.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome post! What you put out there will come to you! You deserve all of those things - I would love that too one day when I am ready !
Old 01-24-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

ROM - I'm with you. I want all the same things, except the being married part. I don't think I'll go there again. But that doesn't mean I cant have the rest! I'm not ready to be involved with anyone right now. Maybe someday.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You put the energy out there and it comes back to you - I really believe that!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Amen! I am not certain I would be willing to try any relationship right now because I am not real sure how I got my myself in this horrible abusive mess! What I will say is that I pray I will never allow anyone to abusive me like my XABF. I never thought it was so abusive but now that I step back....WOW! I was so busy protecting and wanting his love and attention I failed to notice! However, if I ever should have another relationship I would also like those things.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have a strict no dating for 1 yr rule..but I know what I want and what I deserve. I am finishing up the "Betrayal Bond" by Carnes. It made me realize xabf wasn't special: he was just another face in my long history of accepting less and dating the wrong guy. A must read.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I want to be married. I want someone who loves me as much as I love him. I want my imperfections to be endearing. My weight not matter. I want to hug and be hugged. I want to initiate intimacy and not feel rejected. I want to trust a trustworthy man. I want to have mutual friends, date night and romance. I want dependability and normalcy. I want to break my previous cycle and own my life!
Ditto!

And what I've found is that there are still some nice men out there who are interested in a happy relationship with a nice person. Shortly after my circle found out about the separation from AH, there was a period where a lot of scumbags came out of the woodwork to sniff around. I did nothing. Then some nice guys with grown-up jobs and grown-up lives started asking friends about who I am and what I'm about. I'm not ready to date, not for a long while, I'm still torn up over my AH, but it made me feel better about the future to know that when I am I have a shot at a real and functional relationship, as long as I don't get in my own way and **** things up again.

I'm not too old and all this baggage isn't too heavy. But the dating pool is fatter, balding, and a little rusty. I'm okay with that. I fit right in.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm not too old and all this baggage isn't too heavy. But the dating pool is fatter, balding, and a little rusty. I'm okay with that. I fit right in.

Laughing so loud - for sure it is. I am shocked when I see guys in my potential dating pool range and realize how 'old' they look.. then I realize how old/broken I MUST look..laughing...

I love the saying "Be your own kind of beautiful".
Old 01-25-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReflectingOnMe View Post

Laughing so loud - for sure it is. I am shocked when I see guys in my potential dating pool range and realize how 'old' they look.. then I realize how old/broken I MUST look..laughing...

I love the saying "Be your own kind of beautiful".
LOL! I love this one. I, too, want what the original poster stated. You know what's funny? I'm 42 years old and I feel that I look my best. Maybe it's my self confidence finally kicking in but even though I have a bit of flabby stomach, sun spots on my face, yellowing teeth, etc I still think I'll be OK even if my marriage doesn't work out. Now, what's giving me hope is that my stepmother is juggling 3 MEN. THREE! My dad passed away a year ago and she is now on the prowl and she's not a very attractive woman. She's 63 and she's been quite revved up by her newly found prowess after being married to my dad for 20 years, LOL. Anyway, she keeps giving me hope. FYI: one guy she met online, another she met at her favorite watering hole, and the other she met through a friend. She cracks me up and her life has totally changed after spending 2 years tending to my dad who became paralyzed after spinal tumor surgery. I guess I see her renewal and her spirit and I realize that it's never too late to start over.

Keep writing down what you want, reflectingonme, it affirms to you what you deserve and what you desire. Your Higher Power has a great plan for you!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReflectingOnMe View Post
I have a strict no dating for 1 yr rule..but I know what I want and what I deserve. I am finishing up the "Betrayal Bond" by Carnes. It made me realize xabf wasn't special: he was just another face in my long history of accepting less and dating the wrong guy. A must read.
Wow reflectingonme...I am.soo grateful for your posts almoat all of them and I have found in them hope for me and have started some of the reads you mentioned in past posts "language of letting go" i am.now gonna search for the "betrayal bond" you mentioned...I just dont feel alone or crazy when I read your posts for that I thank you...I can say I even shared a few of your posts to a few friends and they have touched their lives as well. Its love and I wish you all those things and more.you def along with all of us :day6:
Old 02-01-2013, 03:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

ILovehim..
Such kind words. Thank you!