View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 12:07 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
ccharlotte

You're in a great place right now, believe it or not

Hello,

I'm typing this hours after I had to call my husbands probation officer to pick him up because he had fallen off the wagon and began taking xanex and vicodin the past few days. My husband has struggled with prescription pills for a decade; he is now in his early thirties married and wanting to have children. He began using recreationally and was able to control his use until the amount of pills it took to get him high sky rocketed into a near death overdose. I truly believe that if he got the help he needed 10 years ago or even 5 years ago, that his life would be different. He is now so dependent on pills that he was on probation for driving under the influence (of prescription pills) and started using the two days knowing that he would have a drug test and fail and go to jail. He is the president of company with over 300 hundred employees, as well as having his last two OUI arrests printed in the newspaper. Forget what this does to me his wife, but he himself still could not stay sober. His doctors are white glove drug dealers, who all know his situation yet prescribe him these things. I have no experience with any other type of substance abuse, but from what I've seen and been told, prescription pills are some of the hardest to get off of, and I believe it. I wish more than anything that my husband were in your state of mind right now to be able to seek out help and want to be sober. Instead he is sitting in jail, high on an amount of pills that should have absolutely killed him. I know when he sobers up he will be scared...and I hope to god for you that you can start on a road to recovery. I drove to a hotel last night and mentally prepared myself to find my husbands dead body. I am 22 and all I want is my husband back and to start a family. You deserve a happy, sober life. The medical field and it's use of prescription pills is out of control, the idea that we should trust what our doctors suggest is just no longer the truth sadly. But believe it or not, I see your position as such a great one. You are healthy enough to reach out for help. Good luck, it can be done.