View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 09:56 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
eveleivibe

Originally Posted by teapot View Post
HI, everyone. just joined yesterday. i will make my story short but i need to say some details so you know where i am. 39yrs old and never had a drug problem. married, father of 2 young ones. full time job. just regular joe. i barely even had a beer maybe once a month. anyways person on cell phone ran a stop sign and blew into me. ruptured l4 l5 and s1. in cleveland clinic care for 4 mth outpatient. in those 4 mths i was put on pain killers. after realeased they put me right down the hall to their pain managment clinic. so i go and for another 4 mths on stronger pain killers. got tired of driving up there so i switched to a pain doctor locally. he immediately increased my dose. so now its 3 months of him and i am convinced he is a total quack. i here him causing out patients. he swears in the hallway. i forgot my bottle once and he said quote, forget your bottle again and im kicking your ****** ass outta here. im not making this up. so i decided im not going back to this guy. so i decided to stop the meds and see how my back reacted. dont laugh but i had no idea about withdrawal. didnt even know i was dependent. well after a day he hit me hard. i was like what the heck. i served in the Marine Corps and that was the roughest crap ever. i was able to hack most of it but my legs wouldnt stop kicking. i mean 9 hours staight. so i gave in and got back on the pills and went back to the quack. i really feel like i was just some poor schmuck who wasnt on any drugs at all that got in an accident and now here i am in hell. i am sick of these pills. i feel guilty taken em. i need to take em to get out of bed. my kids are 6 and 3. i am currently on 240 percocet 10mg and 180 roxicodone 15mg per month. i dont know what im even looking for here but i have to start somewhere and figure out how to get outta this. also have i permenently damaged my brain to produce happiness in the future if i ever get clean. thanks everyone for any response. truly
OMG!!!! I really feel for you here because you didn't intentionally get addicted. You had anaccident n were in pain so needed the relief. Detox will be hard but you can do it you got lots of support here. Please don't see that doctor again he should be reported. He should not be handing out pills like this n verbally abusing patients. I am so very sorry for all you've beeb through. I wish you all the luck n success with getting off these. You can do it!
Evey