View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 11:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

I remember years ago, when I was trying to "fix" my son's anger about something that had nothing to do with me...he told me "I don't want you to "fix" this, it's my problem to fix and sometimes I just need to have a bad day."
Looking back on it, Ann, some of the wisest words that have been said to me have come from my son. One of my favorites he told me was that "everything is a degree of 'want'. If one person 'wants' something more than another person, the degree of 'want' is out of balance. I've "wanted" my son to get sober in the past far more than he wanted to get sober. When the "degree of want" is out of balance......it just doesn't work. It kind of goes along with what blackandblue stated above.....

Yeah......I'm with you......if I have a choice (and most of the time I do) I'd rather leave the bug alone.....and let the person who owns it deal with it. Although I'm sure there are times that the original owner of the bug kind of enjoys watching us take it......because THEY don't have the bug up their butt anymore. (Kind of us codies to arrange the comfort of others at the expense of our own! lol It's what we DO!)

love you!
ke