Thread: my addict son
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

Originally Posted by mamabuttrfly View Post
I am having such a hard time accepting the choices my son has made especially after all the family support he has been given these last several years, now i fear his grandparents and his father are done an i am left to be the only one here for him, my heart is heavy, sad and broken, it seems my worries show lack of faith but faith is the only thing that has gotten me this far, now as he faces a few years in jail possibly....i just dont know what to do anymore. i try to look at it in the positive, that he is being rescued from himself by going to jail for awhile, that this will save him from an overdose, so many things cross my mind but i just cant focus on anything but him and his troubles and i am worn out emotionally, mentally and now it is taking toll on my health
Ok....breathe.....now share with us what you have been doing to take care of yourself. Have you tried attending meetings (Nar-Anon or Al-Anon)? Or considered seeing a therapist? Reading books that deal with coping with an addicted loved one? Share with us about you.

Often when we ask this question, people realize that they have been so busy trying to fix the addict or cleanup the messes in his/her wake, that they have completely neglected themselves and other family members. At least that was certainly true in my case.

We (loved ones of addicts) also reach a point of being sick and tired of being sick and tired. And that's ok. Sometimes we have to get to that point before we're ready to accept the fact that we need help. We can't cope with this alone.

Tell us about you.

gentle hugs
ke