Thread: my addict son
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ilovemysonjj

Dear Mamabutterfly, my addicted son has been in jail twice due to stealing from us and has two felonies due to his thefts! Believe me I understand your concern and stress, but....
Your son must face the consequences of his actions in order to understand or grasp what is acceptable and not. I am so guilty of masking and excusing so many things my son did before he got so desperate in his actions, he was practically dialing the police for me! He is getting out in February and going back to inpatient. This time, i am NOT going to continue to solve all of his problems. He found a way to survive entirely on his own for 4 months without any contact with us and now he is determined (he says) to do this on his own, taking help from others who have been there before him and he says he will either sink or swim on his own. He will be 23 in March.
All I know is, I had to let him go and give him up to God in order to keep my own sanity.
Trust in HP, trust that only the addict can change when they are ready, nothing you do or don't do will affect this decision. Sometimes jail is the only way they can see the life they have chosen and desire something different.
I will be here to support you as many other Mamma's will as well.
We understand.
Hugs,
Teresa