Old 01-20-2013, 02:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Crazed

Thanks for all of the kind words and support. Today has been an absolutely horrible day - of my own making. I tossed and turned all night with the image of her pathetic, sitting on the floor with tears streaming down her face. My feelings aside, I feel so BAD FOR HER. I am so afraid she will end up like her mother (died in sleep after ingesting Vodka - mother was in her early 40s. Approximately the same age as my EXAG). While I vowed no contact, I tried to call her several times today, to which I got a text of "Stop Calling." I called once more, and she picked up and I did not get the crying alcoholic. I got the angry alcoholic. After being threatened and hung up on (I think that is completely immature), I finally texted her that she needed to make arrangements with a moving company to come by and pick up her things before next Sunday. There is 1000s of dollars worth of things - I cannot bring myself to throw away/leave at curb. I instructed her that the company needs to contact me, as I will no longer communicate with her.

I just finished blocking all of her phone numbers, as well as all of her email addresses.

I feel like I have been discarded like the cheap plastic bottles of Vodka she drinks. While it pains me, I still have no empathy for myself. Only empathy for her. I will ask my higher power for strength, and also pray for her and her children. This feeling of utter and complete helplessness is very painful.

I also feel like I am the only one who knows her secret. She is living the lie of going to AA, meets regularly with her therapist, etc. She has told nobody that she has been actively drinking for months. This is a huge cross for me to bear by myself, especially if something bad happens.