Old 01-20-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ReflectingOnMe

Originally Posted by marie1960 View Post
Honey, You keep asking us for a different answer to the exact same question........ we just CANNOT provide that for you. It truly is what it is.... She is an active alkie....

These crazy conversations you and her have been having........ I kept thinking to myself she is NOT in recovery, she is drinking......... of course I do not know her, so how could I even say that ? BUT I know the behavior, I have walked in your shoes, I have felt the same hurt and devastation, I was so hopeful, this was going to be the time , he will beat this addiction, we would finally have a chance......

THEY ARE ALL THE SAME. They all have the monkey on their back, some of them too far gone to turn it around for themselves. And I am not saying this to offend anyone, I just know that the guy I spent 5 years will die from addiction, he will NEVER be able to quit, He NEVER wants to quit, HE is perfectly happy in his world of DRUNKEN STUPOR.... AND he is going to die from his addiction or a complication of addiction. period.

To this day I cannot understand....... but I no longer need to even begin to understand, his addiction cannot no longer consume my life, I do not hold the key to his sobriety, and he simply has ZERO to ever offer me, his words are meaningless, his " I Love You's'" are nothing more than a moment in time, that's it..... nothing more........

I came to this forum in June of 2011....... lost, confused, scared, emotionally battered, hurting, and like you searching for answers........ In order for me to truly go forward, I had to surrender,.... and dammit it hurt,...... almost two years later, I won't admit it to anyone else, other than here at SR, it STILL hurts. But the hurt is slowly be replaced with "this is just how it had to play out" I have learned from this painful experience, i have moved on in my life. And if you give it a chance, you too can move forward. Time to give more validation to you and your life.

All your post have been about her, how bout we talk about you for a bit?
Thank you so much. Everything you have said in here has been true for me. I am getting over it; I am working on myself. I have discovered that I CHOOSE a 'type' that will always disappoint me; I'm working on fixing that. Thanks again - it is comforting (sad I know) to know that we are not alone in the feelings we are having/the experiences we are having. Not that I would wish this hurt on anyone; but it makes me feel so much less alone.