View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 04:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Lara

[QUOTE=Jody675;3778987].....but remember to not live in the fantasy world of what could happen in 3 months. live in the now. /QUOTE]

Hi Jody675....and this is the challenge. I understand it perfectly and accept that in order to truly live - to experience this human life as God intends we need to be absolutely PRESENT in the NOW. I know meditation and prayer helps enormously. But still for me a HUGE monumental challenge. I need to unlearn so many 'skill's I acquired as a child. Survival skills that no longer benefit me. 'skills' I should have tossed 20 years ago. I use to always believe 'When Dad stops drinking all will be okay. Dad will be happy. Therefore I will be happy". And of course my darling brother. I dwell on the past - when Martin was here - and often catch myself thinking 'If only Marty were here now - all will be okay'.
So I have a lot of work to do - as I KNOW everything is ALREADY okay - we just need to let go - let God - and the universe will unfold as it should. This needs daily, hourly work on my part!