Old 01-19-2013, 12:28 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Pamel

Originally Posted by Gforce23 View Post
Being a mother myself and having some very hard times with it when my son was a toddler, I can understand where your at. At the time, we had moved, my husband was working away from home, and I had no friends to speak of and no support. My son doesn't have A.D.H.D (unlike me) but he was very high energy back then, kept me up at night, (I was soo tired all the time) He had a raging hour long tantrum everyday at 2:30 that I was helpless to really do anything about, and he also loved to throw objects at my head-- the kid has had a major league left arm pitch since he was two and a half.

Needless to say, I became a basket case I practically had a nervous breakdown because I was scared one day--I was pushed to the edge--that I was going to hurt my child in such a state. I called a help line... and they "helped" by calling child protective services, who showed up with a police officer, (Oh yes. I have never been so frightened in my LIFE.) At which point, I truly did have a break down. I really just needed support and a break. See if you can make something happen there.

Don't be afraid to reach out. I wish I had sooner--believe me. I was to depressed, and I thought no one wanted to be around me. The worst was how guilty I felt. I thought I was a terrible mother. Don't do this to yourself! Call up your friends, family, daycare, babysitting /trade offs--whatever it takes. Don't beat yourself up. Being a mother with out a break ain't no picnic. Hell, it ain't even a gas station burrito.

Cheers--hang in there, I've been posting here and lurking around SR, just like you, going back and forth making myself miserable. I finally went to a meeting yesterday, and it was something I had really been avoiding. It was scary, but it was also a relief. No one is going to judge you there.

You can do it.
Thank you for a very good (hopeful) post. I needed to read that this Saturday morning.