View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 11:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Lara

Originally Posted by allforcnm View Post
I think the core of what he said is true. You have been through so much with him.....

I don’t see manipulation in his message, more like just a hope he is holding for the future. But since your trying to step away for now to work on your issues, I would just let it go, or gently wish him well on the work that is ahead of him.
Thank you allforcnm for your words. I am sticking to my 3 months no contact. But as I said in earlier thread - I am NOT ready - DON'T want to walk out of his life forever. I don't know what the future will hold. But I need the no contact to work on myself. To be stronger, healthier to be in a better place mentally and spiritually and emotionally when I do meet with him next... I completely trust in God - what will be will be.
I appreciate your words of 'I don't see manipulation' - I find it so difficult here on SR (and I KNOW SR members are usually right based on bitter experience) - but still tough when so often it seems EVERY SINGLE message from our addicted loved one, every time they say 'I love you' - is deemed as lies and a manipulative ploy to keep us in their web.
The tragedy I know is the wise SR members are so often right. That IF I wait to see - IF I hold out - and IF after say a year of recovery we are still 'involved' I could be taking the gamble of my life... we could be the very few minority who have beaten the odds OR a casualty like most here.