View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
philb
Bound and Determined

I've found the switch to "near" veganism to have been a great personal choice as from a health perspective I've never felt better and like you Tanja I actually have issues with eating things that have faces as I deem animals to have the same merit and value as any human being. I know many would argue the point but I rest by it. The idea of an industry of animals honestly disgusts me. Yet I can't claim perfection and still eat fish and chicken from time to time as well as the rare dairy products. On vacations its nearly impossible to avoid such things. I've had to do a lot of reading and do supplementation with this diet as well with my Doctors help. I didn't want to post about that as I felt it might sound somehow like medical advice. I'd just say if you made such a nutritional assessment and choice I'd read up on it thoroughly and discuss the change with your Doctor.

I almost didn't post about the body/fat analysis either as I am always hesitant to post anything "medical" sounding. The body fat analysis I have done is through a sports nutrition MD and not something I'd just do on my own although I know people who do. In fact, when I posted that my goal is to get to 8% bodyfat this year I didn't think to clarify that 8% is the goal limit for males and that the average ideal bodyfat percentile for females is I believe substantially higher and I honestly don't know what it is maybe 12 or 15 % like that or something.

I believe any radical nutritional and exercise changes are phenominal. I also believe it doing the entire thing with a Doctors supervision and or approval. Radical independent lifechanges as it pertains to our bodys are in my opinion not a good idea. Professional advice is needed.

Have a great day everybody.